Sunday, 3 March 2013

Bathroom Culling

I finished (or culled) a number of products last month! I was surprised as they began to multiply accumulate on my bathroom windowsill - I decided to put my empties there to remind me that I have items to use up and not to purchase toiletries and make-up! Let's go through them in no particular order...

REMEDICa Vanilla & Shea Nut Body Butter

I won this product from Beauty Heaven and while it smelled divine and provided long lasting moisture, it was a bit too rich for my skin and so I limited its use to my arms. While I ended up with lovely smelling arms, I don't plan to purchase this item in the future.

Aveda Enbrightenment Brightening Correcting Serum

I've had this product on my shelves for a long, long, long time. I really don't think that this serum did anything for my skin. Ever. That's why I think it took me so long to use it up! Won't repurchase.

Napoleon DeVine Goddess Lipstick in Hara

This item is a "cull" - it's an old lipstick and while I love the orange colour, the texture is very dry and makes my lips look much drier than they are remotely close to being! When I tried to use it with a gloss I found that the colour smeared and came off too easily for my liking. Goodbye and I won't be repurchasing.

Organic Care Normal Balance Shampoo

With my hair being much longer than it was, I'm finding my cheapie supermarket shampoos really aren't working for me - I think they're a bit too harsh! But before I upgrade my shampoo I need to finish all the shampoos I currently own. My hair needs a trim anyway, so I may as well keep treating it like crap until all my hair products are done! I still have another bottle of this, but I won't be purchasing any more!

Mecca Cosmetica To Save Face SPF 30+ Hydrating Facial Sunscreen

I love this product. Love, love, love. Has been replaced in my bathroom cabinet by another tube of the same stuff. In case it isn't obvious, I will continue to purchase this (and the occasional smaller tubes that come with a nail polish every summer).

Yves Saint Laurent Touch Eclat Radiant Touch Concealer

This is a sad cull - while I adore this product, this pen spent too much time in the bathroom and now smells humid. I don't think that it's safe to use this near my eyes, so I've replaced it with a new one that will not live in the bathroom! Although given I've had this concealer for over three years, I didn't feel bad relegating it to the rubbish bin. Will probably continue to repurchase unless some awesome new product hits the shelves.

Clinique Superbalanced Compact Makeup in Ivory Light &
Estee Lauder Ideal Matte Refinishing Compact Makeup in Ivory Beige

Once upon a time I had very oily skin and wanted a matte finish. These two foundations served this purpose, but as my skin is now very much not oily I have decided to bid these foundations farewell. I've held onto them "just in case", but my skin has generally been well behaved! So I have no intention of repurchasing these.

With Love Hilary Duff fragrance tester/trial

I have so many fragrance trials at home that I've decided I want to go through all of them first before diminishing my small collection of full-size fragrances. This Hilary Duff fragrance was quite nice, probably because I like spicy orientals - but I prefer other fragrances over this, and while I don't think the scent lasted very long I'm not sure if that's the quality of the fragrance or the age of the trial!

Alpha H Balancing Cleanser

This is probably the first moisturising cleanser that actually felt like it was cleaning my face without leaving any oily residue. My next face wash will be a cheapie (as I am going to attempt to cut back on how much I spend on products if they don't irritate or bother may), but if that fails I will definitely consider returning to this one!

Avado Baby Naturals Shampoo

There was a phase where my scalp was incredibly irritated and the only thing that settled it (at the time) was Moo Goo shampoo. So when I went out into the field during this period and realised I'd forgotten to pack my shampoo I figured the best thing I could do when choosing between products at Coles and Woolworths (I was in Wellington, NSW and usually in town between 7pm and 7am) would be baby shampoo. It worked, but it's not something I plan to do again. Especially since I find that the cheaper Organic Care range doesn't irritate!

That's 11 products out of my drawers and cabinets for February. What will March bring, or rather, take?

2 comments:

  1. Wow you had/have a lot of stuff! I'm not a massive cosmetics addict, hell I even got into it fairly late. But every now and then I find a gem - just recently tried out Korres, it's a Greek brand that's really nice and has a healthy twist. GIve it a try in March if you get the chance ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will keep it in mind if I run out of stuff at home, and if my attempts to be cheap backfire with crazy skin!

      Delete